Sunday, February 21, 2010

Older, yet strong gentleman

Dagnabbit! I'm a day late again. I've been getting busier and busier these last weeks, and it looks like it's only going to get more busy over the next little while (I'm not complaining because I love having the work). I'm not sure I'm going to be able to continue to do this every week, but I'll try.

While I have done a lot of realistic characters for different jobs that I've worked on, I normally don't do them in my spare time (as anyone who has followed this blog will undoubtably notice). When I built him, I was really intrigued with the facial features and structure of older people. I wanted to build a head with cool wrinkles and definition. The only textures on this is on the eyes - everything is just geometry.

4 comments:

Shawners said...

AWESOME! i love this!

Dustin DeWitt said...

very cool! Is this a personal project? is this a ZBrush sculpt? sorry for all the questions, I am just curious about it

Ryan B said...

It is a personal project... just something I did because I wanted to make an old guy's face.

No Zbrush work on this one. It was all done in Maya. Every wrinkle and curve was modeled by hand... the old fashioned way! None of you fancy Zbrush tools! In my day we had to do the work point by point, and... wait... I think this old guy is taking over me.

Steven Keele said...

Great model Ryan